Monday, May 24, 2010

My God SHALL supply!

I'm tempted to write an extremely long narrative about this one, but here's the long and short of it:

I'm unemployed...have been for a while now, and job prospects have been looking pretty bleak. After playing the waiting game for several long weeks, it looks like I'm going to have the opportunity to go back to Bloomington for the summer doing something I LOVE that will also be a fantastic resume booster (and pay pretty well too) while giving me the flexibility to take last minute trips to SC if a school district calls for an interview. Not long after making up my mind that this is where God wants me for the summer, my car (I should have been expecting this) dies yet again. I won't lie. I had a period of brief hysteria there for a little while when I looked at my upcoming bills--along with the car repair--and looked at the amount in my checking account and saw a sizable gap between the two. At that point, I realized that the only thing I could do, my one and only option, was to cry out to my Father and ask for His help. I had no back up plan, no resources, no alternative options in case He didn't come through...this was my chance to see Him provide for my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus (Phil. 4:19), and provide He did!

Long story short, my car's bad alternator was still covered under warranty, the towing expenses were covered under our insurance, the mechanic threw in the 2 hours of labor for free, AND a rather large tax refund came in the mail...all within a few hours of each other. What could have been a huge road block and source of stress was resolved within hours. Not only does Jesus love me enough to care for the details of my life, but His plans for me are big enough that He wants nothing to stand in their way! Thank You, Father for providing supernaturally for my needs!

No comments: