Sunday, May 31, 2009

I come from a family of procrastinators. Most of the time, I feel like I just need to catch up on my life. After watching Heather and Doug getting ready to go to Italy, I have decided that this must be a genetic trait. They're leaving at 8 AM tomorrow morning, and they just booked all of the accommodations for their 2-week visit a few hours ago. Now they've moved on to the packing stage, and it's currently 10:45 PM.

Although it has not been the most lucrative summer as of yet, I can at least say that my time in Indiana has been entertaining. I'm looking forward to getting into some kind of routine (hopefully one that involves a JOB), so I can feel slightly productive. So far, my time has been spent helping around the house and helping Heather move out of her classroom, but one job opportunity after the next seems to keep falling through, and I'm getting nervous about how things will pan out over the next month or so. There's really not much I can do at this point except to keep trusting God (which in retrospect, I should have been doing from the beginning), and believe that He is good...ALL the time, no matter the circumstances. If I repeat those words enough times, I start to feel the weight lift off of my shoulders.

No comments: