Saturday, September 19, 2009

Repairs

It's storming outside tonight. From my bedroom, I can hear the rain coming in through our kitchen ceiling and dripping obnoxiously into a plastic mixing bowl that's sitting in the middle of the floor. Along with the leaky ceiling, our kitchen boasts a broken garbage disposal and a dishwasher that floods the entire floor within the first 5 minutes of being turned on. The office doesn't seem too concerned, which has been OK, since we know how to survive washing our own dishes and avoiding the garbage disposal switch (because if we turn it on longer than a few seconds, the motor burns up, and our whole apartment smells like dying feet). But a leaky ceiling, I cannot deal with.

Did I mention that my lovely car--the one that had so many issues over the summer--has now decided to quit on me again? This time it's the transmission. I don't know much about cars, but I KNOW this is a bad thing. Obviously, none of these things can be fixed at 1:30 in the morning, so I'm calling it a night and going to bed.

No comments: