Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ok, so I've already fallen off the wagon with my whole writing every day business. For whatever reason, yesterday was just ridiculously crazy and exhausting. Nothing out of the ordinary was going on really (although I was initiated into the New Moon cult...Christy and Stacey took me to see the movie last night, and I'm sad to say that I just can't work up quite as much enthusiasm as everyone else). Maybe it was just the prospect of heading back to Andrews for the next few days that just plain wears me down. Nothing against my parents...I love them dearly, but like I mentioned in an earlier post, I just can't quite associate that place with "home" anymore.

Enough of my complaints. In the spirit of Thanksgiving (AND since the parents don't have internet, so I can't do this tomorrow), I feel like I need to remind myself how good I have it. So here goes...I'm thankful for

1) Jesus and His pursuit of me even when I'm sitting still
2) Family who I've grown to love and actually get along with as I've gotten older
3) The chance to teach, inspire, love, and comfort
4) BOOKS
5) Wonderful friends who are constant reminders of joy

I could go on, but I would probably get carried away. I'll leave it there for now...short and sweet.

No comments: